Innovative Conic Brake Disks to F1! (2000)


On October, 6th 2000, I sent this image to the best English Team in F1 of that year; through their wheel supplier that get in contact to sell my wheels designs.

The proposal of innovation with this conical brake disk is based on three potential advantages over conventional flat ones:

1- Greater friction area, more stopping power with less wear.

2- The steering pivot could be outside, enhancing performance in slower turns.

3- Better cooling once the airflow inside the disk is facilitated.

In the end, I didn't sell any design to what may be the best wheel manufacturer on the planet due to my inexperience and unknowledge of the market, or the design was adopted in one of the greatest F1 Teams of all time... But in the next year, the technical regulations explicit that the disk brakes must be pĺane.

I think nothing happens by chance and you?

I still think this design could be useful in motorsports and heavy-duty equipment; I hope some companies will develop it in the future to be certain it could be worth the investment.

This is to be proactive and think outside the box or not?

If you have an identified problem or not; if you need innovative thinking, contact me!

I hope will be able to do the same in several aspects that could be enhanced in our transportation, motorsport and society in general.

All the best!


#f1 #innovation #thinkoutsidethebox #transportationdesign #design #heavyduty #future #motorsport #brakepower


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas