City Car of the Future? Who Will Break Through With the Past First?

 


Do you make the traditional New Years' Resolutions?

I don't know, but I hope my fellow transportation designers and carmakers already know that we need all-new urban concepts that will change the industry for good.

Simply put electric drivetrains inside cars that were designed around ICE with a packaging philosophy first done 50, 60 or 70 years ago are not enough.

Yeah, several 'city' cars done in the recent past were commercial failures, because the people involved didn't put in the first place the drama, the experience that people really want even when are going to the grocery store in a 'cheap' car.

'We' also will need to rethink several important systems because is impossible to do an omelette without breaking eggs. I have several innovative new sub-systems researched for these all-new urban cars like new UI, unsprung aero and monoarm suspensions as a start: but I can't do anything by myself.

Bellow, two thumb sketches were done in 2009 that could shed some light on this unknown future that is step-by-step coming and nobody can stop it; so why not accelerate and take advantage of it?

Yes, the thumb sketches could be developed a lot in several ways, get nice renderings and so on, but who will back it?

What carmaker will break through the past that is stopping our planet to go to the next level? I hope this with all my publications, articles and essays will help, somebody with the means will hire me and we will find out together.

All the best in 2023 and beyond!

#ui #experience #people #future #cars #designers #packaging #transportation #innovation #change


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas